Have you ever heard H.E.R? — The R&B singer is tonight’s performer on the Oct. 24 episode of ‘SNL,’ hosted by Adele! Whereas ready for her efficiency, get to know H.E.R. somewhat bit higher!
H.E.R. is the musical visitor on tonight’s episode of Saturday Evening Stay! Whereas followers are wanting ahead to seeing Adele host the show (and debut her new slimmer figure after a dramatic weight loss) — all eyes will probably be on H.E.R. Though she arrived on the music scene round 2016, and already has two Grammys, lots of people don’t know a lot about H.E.R. The mysterious singer is understood for retaining a low profile and simply letting her music do the speaking. However, we’ve received you coated. Study extra about H.E.R. earlier than she takes the SNL stage on October 24!
1. H.E.R’s actual identify is Gabi Wilson. — She’s an American singer-songwriter from California, who signed to RCA information beneath Sony on the age of 14. H.E.R. burst onto the R&B scene in September 2016 along with her debut EP, H.E.R. Vol. 1, which generated an enormous buzz on account of her superb voice and mysterious persona (see No. 2). H.E.R. dropped the follow-up “second half” of her EP, H.E.R. Vol. 2 in June 2017 to rave opinions. The 8-song compilation album received Greatest R&B Album and acquired 4 different nominations on the 2019 Grammy Awards, together with Album of the Yr and Greatest New Artist. H.E.R. went on to obtain 5 extra Grammy nominations on the 2020 awards show. She launched her newest tune “Do to Me” in July.
2. To start with of her profession, H.E.R. most well-liked to maintain her id a secret. — When RCA Data despatched out early streams of her debut EP, H.E.R. Vol. 1 in 2016, the label mentioned they couldn’t “inform [people] a lot about H.E.R,” in a one-line press launch on the time. The latter induced confusion amongst followers and critics, who couldn’t perceive why RCA would promote an artist with no biography. However, there was a technique to the insanity.
“The thriller is a metaphor for who I’m, or who I used to be on the time of making the undertaking,” H.E.R. instructed the Los Angeles Times in her first interview about Vol. 1. “I really feel like oftentimes we don’t prefer to be open as individuals about our feelings or issues that we’re going via,” she continued, recalling, “On the time [of recording], I used to be very closed off aside from once I was writing or once I was within the studio.”
3. H.E.R. truly stands for one thing, which can shock you. — Whereas her identify isn’t the best to Google, there’s a motive why she took on the moniker “H.E.R.” It’s truly an sincere acronym for “Having All the pieces Revealed.” Wait, an individual named “Having All the pieces Revealed” needed to maintain her id a secret? “It’s type of ironic, proper?,” she mentioned throughout the identical LA Occasions interview.
4. Some music legends are large followers of H.E.R. — When Vol. 1 dropped, some main music stars instantly fell in love with H.E.R.’s voice. Alicia Keys completely raved about it on-line, as did Wyclef Jean and Bryson Tiller. Apparently sufficient, H.E.R. joined Bryson on his “Set It Off” tour in August 2017. Different artists and celebs who’ve confirmed her love embrace Rihanna, Taraji P. Henson and Kendall and Kylie Jenner. Add Adele to the record, particularly after she had this response to H.E.R. becoming a member of SNL as her musical visitor: “I’m moreover myself that H.E.R would be the musical visitor!! I really like her SO a lot I can’t wait to soften right into a flaming sizzling mess when she performs,” Adele wrote on Instagram.
5. H.E.R participated in Radio Disney’s Subsequent Large Factor in 2009. — Radio Disney shared a YouTube video labeled “Home Movies with Gabi Wilson” on September 22, 2009. She was launched as Radio Disney’s Subsequent Large Factor artist and took viewers into her dwelling to see what her life is like behind the scenes.